How Online Courses Work
We offer two types of online courses Mentored Courses and Self-paced Courses.
Mentored courses have the following features:
- A set start date
- A defined length in which work is expected to be completed
- E-mail access to the Tutor throughout the length of the course
- Online classroom presentations, conferences or other interaction, videos and down-loadable notes
- Evaluation of Student work Certificate of Achievement (if applicable)
- Student support* is available via e-mail and individual phone conferences with the Tutor may be scheduled by appointment.
- Courses vary in price depending on content
- Self-paced courses allow for students to purchase access to course materials and start and finish course work within their own time frame. There is no tutorial support for self-paced courses. Prices vary depending upon length and content. While some self-paced courses will stand alone, many will be part of a series (each available for purchase seperately)
Student needs for Online Courses:
- Access to the internet
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
- Internal or external computer speakers
- Supply lists are issued prior to the class, or included in course content
- Online courses do not include technical support for computers and hardware
- For Mentored courses: a digital camera
- For Mentored courses: a microphone is advised, but not required
* The Center’s Administration Office is open 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.